Thursday, April 5, 2012

Yogahhhhhh

I am sitting in a coffee shop right now sipping on the newest hot drink, having some "me" time. If it was up to me, I would be at home doing one of the million things I need to get done before the long weekend. Pack our bags, clean the house some more, do some food prep for the holiday. But our Realtor is having a Realtor's Open House in our home right now, so I have been forced out. So here I am, being forced to relax and enjoy myself, and finding time to write my blog.

Life has been pretty crazy lately. If my head wasn't screwed on I'm sure I would have lost it weeks ago. Last night my youngest had an "accident" on the couch. She's still in diapers, well Pull-ups (same thing). But it turns out that if you don't change it for the entire day, they eventually reach capacity and begin to leak. My poor kids. They think Mommy has gone crazy with my obsession with keeping my house clean. I can't seem to focus on anything else.

They miss their Dad too. So do I. Being a "single parent" blows. I don't know how people do it. I miss his company more than anything, but am realizing how much easier life is when you have a partner to help you wash the dishes, walk the dog and play Mouse Trap with the kids (that game will be the death of me).

After another very full day yesterday, I was wiped out, exhausted. With another two hours before bed time, I decided the best thing for everyone would be a movie. I sat the girls in front of Lady and the Tramp. As much as I love the classic Disney movies though, I needed to step away. So I stepped onto my mat. Being so tired, I had a hard time convincing myself that exercise is what I needed. The beauty about yogaglo.com is that you can choose the perfect class to fit your mood. I chose a class by Elena Brower made specifically for your tired feet. Perfect. I felt so much better afterwards. Just enough energy to get my girls ready for and into bed, and to settle into a mindless TV show myself.

After sitting here for a while sipping my African Nectar Fog, I am feeling much more put together too. Ready to take on the day and whatever it throws at me. And tonight I will settle into another relaxing yogahhhhhh practice.

I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment