Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Very Best Home For Me


In a little more than two weeks we will be leaving the home we’ve been in for the last 3 years and moving back to our hometown (well, pretty close anyways). While trying to sell our home, I had begun to feel a certain resentment towards it, blaming it for all of my stress and the reason why our family isn’t all living together right now. Now that we have sold our house (pending removal of conditions!), I know I will start looking at it with a reflective mind and will probably weep daily at the idea of leaving a place where we have formed so many wonderful (and heartbreaking) memories.

There are many things I will miss about our home and the city. To name a few:

- My BFFs. Though I will take them with me in my heart, I will sure as hell be missing drinks at the Cornerstone, Splurge nights and intimate coffee dates with you bitches.
- Safeway and Wal-Mart. I’m not much for shopping, but I will miss the convenience of being able to go grab whatever I need, whenever I need it.
- My yoga studio. Though I don’t know a lot of the yoginis I practice with, I will miss the community we form together and my instructor Tracy.
- The restaurants. I love dining out. Though our current hometown doesn’t really have top-notch food, I will miss having a choice of places to go out.

There are so many things I look forward to when thinking of our move back home:

- Being closer to family. Both sets of grandparents will only be 10 minutes away, which is so wonderful for our kids (and pretty sweet for the occasional babysitter!).
- Living in a community where everyone knows you. Yup, people will surely somehow know things about my life I prefer they didn’t. But they will also be like family and have your back in a heartbeat.
- Freedom. Being away from the city life. The loud traffic, the busy streets, so many people. I can’t wait to sit in my backyard and hear nothing.
- Starting a new job. I will be working for the first time in seven years, doing what I do best - taking care of kids and running the show!

Soon we will move in with my parents until our new home will be ready for us. Again, there will be a mixture of joy and resentment, a sense of adventure. But mostly just gratitude towards our parents and the Universe for everything falling into place so seamlessly. In the end, I know I’ve always been right where I belong. Home truly is where the heart is, and with my husband and two girls beside me, I know I already have found the very best home for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment