Thursday, March 22, 2012

Worry Not


(First of all, I’m sorry. I apologize to my loyal readers for not posting last week. Life has been crazy busy, and I just couldn’t find the time. My yoga practice suffered, and I even forgot to bath my kids. Yup, my mother-in-law decided to bath them because they actually looked dirty. How often do kids actually look dirty when you bath them? I guess 5 days without bathing will do that. OOPS! Moving on ….)

I am a worrier. It’s like my job. If you are not worried about something, it’s okay, ‘cause I will worry for you. I lay in bed at night and literally think of all the horrible things that could go wrong in my life. I also have a very vivid imagination. Thus, I have come up with some serious horrific images of bad things happening. Which worries me.

After 2 years of waiting for a job position for my husband to come open so we can move back home, it’s finally happening. We are moving back to our hometown and couldn’t be happier. But with any change, even ones made on purpose, comes the stress. Which is perfectly natural. It would be unnatural not to be stressed out a little bit during times like these.

I am a fucking stress ball though. I want to sell our house NOW. I want to have our new home ready for us NOW. Neither of those is going to happen.

Through my yoga, I have been trying to teach myself to think more positively and to learn to kinda go with the flow. While practicing my yoga, just as in life, I have come up against some obstacles. Some days my body decides it’s just not as flexible as usual, or I can’t do tree pose ‘properly’ and can’t figure out why, or my daughters just don’t want to leave me alone for a half hour.

I have been coming up against a lot of challenges in life lately too. Trying to sell our house quickly, being a “single” mom for the next month as my husband starts his new job, making plans to build a basement for our new home, and living with my parents/in-laws for the next three moths until our house is ready (bless their hearts for taking us in).

Yes, these changes are exciting. Yes, they are also stressful. I have decided to put my yoga to it. If I can address my life challenges the same way I face challenges in my yoga practice, I think I will be okay.

And so, I am working on acceptance, PATIENCE, an open heart and mind, perseverance, and positive thinking.

I WILL sell my house soon. I WILL enjoy planning our new home. I WILL be a gracious guest in our parents’ homes. I WILL learn to do Tree Pose.

Nothin’ to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment